“The natural world has always been a great source of inspiration for me: birds, lizards, mammals and fish as well as many types of flora. The subject matter seems endless”
The story of David’s creative journey began with his acceptance into David Dridan’s gallery in McLaren Vale around 1995. It was from here that he developed his artistic abilities by continuously producing work for sale through the gallery.
David has exhibited his work in the following galleries:
- Dridan Fine Arts, McLaren Vale, S.A.
- Porter Street Wildlife Gallery, Goolwa, S.A.
- ArtworX, Goolwa, S.A.
- Artists of the Fleurieu, Strathalbyn, S.A.
- South Coast Regional Arts Centre, Goolwa, S.A.
- Station Masters’ Gallery, Strathalbyn, S.A.
- Newland Gallery, Port Adelaide
- S.A. Museum, Clipsal Gallery
- Wilson’s at Robe, S.A.
- Art Images, Norwood, S.A.
- Scarlattis Cellar Door Gallery, Mt Surmon Wines, Clare, S.A.
- Free Range Gallery, McLaren Vale, S.A.
- Studio Whites, Kyneton, Vic.
- Manyung Gallery, Mt Eliza, Vic.
- Signal Point Gallery, Goolwa, S.A., Fleurieu Art Prize Sculpture Exhibition.
- Toad Hall Gallery, Strathalbyn, S.A.
- Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures, Brighton Surf Club, S.A.
- Sculpture for Interiors and the Garden, Stangate House, Aldgate, S.A.
- Burnside Village Shopping Centre, S.A.
- Signal Point Gallery, Goolwa, S.A., Solo Exhibition
- Nautilus Theatre, Port Lincoln
David’s achievements include:
2008 and 20011 – finalist, Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize.
2013 – winner, best indoor sculpture and runner up, people’s choice, Adelaide Airport Jetty Classic Sculptures.
2014 – winner, best indoor sculpture Adelaide Airport Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures.
2014 – finalist, Richard Cohen OAM Memorial Sculpture Competition, Burnside Village Shopping Centre